During more than of 20 years of professional career, I have been lucky enough to work for a sizable number of companies, as an employee in some of them or working as a consultant for most. This has allowed me to collaborate with a huge number of diverse people, getting to know many industrial sectors and gain exposure to most of the business functions of the enterprises.
The following tabs show the different consulting companies that I have worked for, and the main projects for customers that I have made while been part of them.
- Bip (2005- )
- IBM Global Services (2003-2005)
- PwC Consulting (2001-2003)
- Deloitte Consulting (1995-2001)
- Telling (1995)
Director in Business Integration Partners: 2005-Now
Business Integration Partners (Bip) is a management consulting firm, specially focused in the transformation of the information systems departments in big companies: our work is not software development or system integration projects, but helpig the IT areas to perform their activities more efficiently, from vendor management to IT services provision.
I have been part of the Bip team in Spain from its beginning. As Director, I am responsible for the business line of services for the information systems areas.
Main projects in which I have participated:
- Review of the outsourcing strategy for the IT area of a key operator in the Spanish Electric Market, and support on its evolution towards a new outsourcing model.
- Process and tool definition for profitability analysis of multinational customers' projects for a global telecommunications operator.
- Systems and communications outsourcing contracts support for an important Spanish media conglomerate, and implementation of the new operating model based on outsourced activities.
- Systems architecture redesign and outsourcing contracts support for a key operator in the Spanish Gas Market.
- Definition and implementation of the new processes, procedures and support tools for the programme management, internal customer demand management and budget management functions in the information systems department in an important bank.
- Transformation plan for the information technologies department of the branch of a global telecommunications operator focused on providing services to multinational customers.
- Support on the outsourcing process of some services of the IT department of an important private healthcare group.
- IT department evaluation, organization and processes redefinition and tools implementation for an important financial entity in Spain.
- Strategic Systems Plan for a group of companies in the aerospace sector.
- Design and implementation of an investment analysis and decision support system for a global telecommunications operator.
- Project and portfolio management tool selection support for the information systems department of an important airline.
- Procedures definition for the engineering area of a company in the aerospace sector.
- Project management support for the implementation of an ERP system in a company in the aerospace sector.
Manager in IBM Global Services (Business Consulting Services): 2003-2005
IBM Business Consulting Services was the management consulting branch of IBM Global Services, created after acquisition that IBM made of PricewaterhouseCoopers consulting division in 2002.
Considered the biggest services company in the world, IBM has more than 300.000 employees globally, with presence in almost every country. In Spain, IBM Business Consulting Services had almost 1.000 consultants.
Main projects in which I participated:
- Design of the systems architecture for an international telecommunications operator.
- Design and implementation of the go-to-market function for the sale of mobility based solutions for a global mobile operator.
- Design of methodologies and research on the usability of mobile handsets and applications for a mobile operator in Spain.
- Redesign of the human resources department of a fixed telecommunications operator in Spain.
- Analysis of integration alternatives of IMS messaging with other mobile messaging technologies for a global mobile operator.
- Design of the methodology and implementation of a support tool to manage usability approval process for mobile handsets for an important mobile operator in Spain.
- Design of the measurement methodology and implementation of a support tool to evaluate return on investment in usability of mobile handsets for an important mobile operator in Spain.
- Training on the TM Forum eTOM process model for the network management area of an important fixed telephony operator in Spain.
Manager in PwC Consulting: 2001-2003
PWC Consulting was the consulting branch of PricewaterhouseCoopers, the biggest professional services firm in the world. PWC Consulting had 40.000 consultants in more than 50 countries. In Spain, PWC Consulting had more than 1.400 consultants.
In August 2002 PWC Consulting was acquired by IBM and was merged into IBM Global Services.
Main projects in which I participated:
- Definition of the processes architecture for a mobile operator in Spain.
- Support for the process of definition, creation and launch of new products and services for a mobile operator in Spain.
- Creation of a generic process architecture for new generation mobile operators.
- Analysis on the situation and evolution of the Information Society in 19 countries around the world for a global leading telecommunications operator.
- Creation of the input-output analysis methodology for the telecommunications sector in Spain for the Comisión del Mercado de las Telecomunicaciones (C.M.T.) -the Spanish telecommunications regulator.
- Definition of the process architecture for a new mobile operator in Germany, local operation of a gloabl mobile operator.
- Audit of the usage of the dual IMSI technology for a global mobile operator.
- Support for the management and maintenance network processes for an important fixed telephony operator in Spain.
Senior Consultant in Deloitte Consulting: 1995-2001
Deloitte & Touche is a is a multinational company offering professional services, with more than 60.000 employees in 110 countries. Deloitte Consulting was the division specialising in management consulting services for enterprises.
Main projects in which I participated:
- Definition and implementation of the operational processes and support processes models for a company developing and commercializing mobile portals and mobile contents. The process were implemented in the company operations in Spain, Finland, Sweden, Germany, U.K. and Brazil.
- Design and development of the Operational Support Systems (OSS) for a fixed telecommunications operator in Austria.
- Definition of the regulatory strategy for interconnection and network elements unbundling –focusing on Long Run Incremental Cost (LRIC) systems– for a global telecommunications operator.
- Design, development and implementation of the direct sales support system for a mobile operator in Spain.
- Design and implementation of the new telecommunications and system infrastructure of a US company, including the design of a hybrid ATM-Frame Relay network, ISDN redundancy, etc.
- Definition of the strategic plan for a fixed telecommunications operator in Spain.
- Design of the cost control and analysis system for a fixed telecommunications operator in Spain.
- Process reingeneering for the information systems department of a global telecommunications operator.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) strategy definition for the Dutch branch of an international telecommunications operator.
- Definition of the telecommunication market entry strategy for a new operator in Portugal, analysing alternative telecommunication network usage scenarios and estimating the investments and costs of the access, backbone, voice and data switching networks.
- Design and implementation of the products and services profitability analysis system for the strategic planning department of a fixed telecommunications operator in Spain.
- Revision of the revenue assurance process of an important telecommunications operator in Portugal.
- Review of the year 2000 impact on information systems for one of the biggest industrial companies of the world.
- Cost reduction initiatives in telecommunications for several companies in Spain.
- Technical consultancy for the Dirección General de Tráfico -Spanish Traffic administration- on the dynamic signalling systems and artificial vision stations for M-40, N-I, N-II, N-IV and N-VI highways.
Consultant in Telling: 1995
Telling was a small consultancy firm working in the telecommunications sector, specialised in the design, planning and implementation of telecommunication infrastructure projects, as well as in performing analysis for the old Dirección General de Telecomunicaciones -Spanish Telecommunications administration.
Project in which I participated: